Poland is one of the largest markets for spa & wellness services in Central and Eastern Europe. More than 600 spas, medical spas and sanatoriums create great potential for tourists wishing to immerse themselves in the philosophy of wellness.
The term SPA comes from the Latin “Sanus per aquam”, meaning “health through water”. In antiquity, great importance was attached to body care, in the following centuries this tradition disappeared and was reborn in modern times.
Contemporary SPAs are specialized centers offering cosmetic treatments, massages, biological renewal and alternative medicine services. There are more and more such centers in Poland. Spas provide a wide range of services in the field of makeup, weight loss treatments, vitality regeneration and relaxation in places usually located in picturesque surroundings.
The offer of Polish places to be beautiful is very rich. The philosophy of wellness has already settled for good in Polish spa and hotel complexes. There is a lot to choose from …
The recipients of the services are guests from Poland and abroad. Foreigners appreciate the high quality of services offered in Polish wellness & spa facilities.
Hotel facilities of this type are an ideal location for organizing incentive and award trips, as well as conferences and congresses. The main advantages are:
- High quality of services thanks to the experienced staff of certified therapists, masseurs and physiotherapists, beauticians, cosmetologists and nutritionists;
- Unspoiled nature – spa & wellness facilities are located in the most beautiful regions of the country: by the sea, in the mountains, by lakes, away from large agglomerations and industrial areas;
- Excellent cuisine based on local organic & Eco products;
- The most modern equipment used for cosmetic procedures, aesthetic medicine and rehabilitation;
- Relatively lower price of services in relation to competition in Europe.
Hotels try to stand out, therefore they try to expand their offer with interesting treatments and new inspirations. Among them we find:
- Close to nature – treatments with the use of honey, milk and wine
- Work life balance – a balanced philosophy of life (diet, coaching, fitness)
- Ayurveda & Yoga – treatments based on Hindu philosophy
- Family spa – for families with children and treatments for expectant mothers
- Aesthetic cosmetics – modern cosmetology according to the best world trends
- More Asia in the spa – treatments performed by native therapists from Thailand and Indonesia
Below are some of the most interesting facilities with a wide wellness & spas offer and distinguished by their location, architecture and design:
- Sheraton Sopot Hotel 5 ***** (Sopot, Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Odyssey Club Hotel Wellness & Spa 5 ***** (Dąbrowa, Świętokrzyskie)
- Hotel SPA Dr Irena Eris Wzgórza Dylewskie 5 ***** (Wysoka Wieś, Warmia-Masuria Province)
- Hotel Haffner 5 ***** (Sopot, Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Level 511 Design Hotel & Spa 4 **** (Podzamcze / Ogrodzieniec, Silesia)
- Hotel Spa Irena Eris Krynica-Zdrój 4 **** (Krynica Zdrój, Lesser Poland Province)
- Herbarium Hotel & Spa 4 **** (Chomiąża Szlachecka, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship)
- Manor Hause Spa Pałac Odrowążów 5 ***** (Chlewiska, Mazowieckie)
- Aries Hotel & Spa Wisła 4 **** (Wisła, Silesia)
- Hotel Robert’s Port Lake Resort & Spa 4 **** (Stare Sady / Mikołajki, Warmia-Masuria Province)
- Hotel Lidia Wellness & Spa 4 **** (Darłówko, West Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Bryza Resort & Spa 4 **** (Jurata, Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Młyn Jacka Hotel & Spa (Jaroszowice, Lesser Poland Province)
- Hotel Leda Spa 4 **** (Kołobrzeg, West Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Głęboczek Vine Resort & Spa 4 **** (Brzozie near Brodnica. Kujawsko Pomorskie)
- Dolina Charlotty Resort & Spa 4 **** (Strzelinko / Ustka, Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Hotel Piwniczna Spa & Conference 4 **** (Piwniczna Zdrój, Małopolskie)
- Hotel St Bruno 4 **** (Giżycko, Warmia-Masuria Province)
- SPA Bagiński & Chabinka 3 *** (Międzyzdroje, West Pomeranian Voivodeship)
- Pałac Mierzęcin Wellness & Wine Resort 3 *** (Mierzęcin, Lubuskie)